Animal welfare services
We are responsible for the welfare of animals in Fife and offer help and advice on a wide range of issues.
Our main areas of work are:
- investigating reports about dog fouling and barking
- talking to individuals and groups about responsible dog ownership
- picking up stray dogs and taking them to licensed kennels
- licensing animal boarding establishments, dog breeders, horse riding centres, pet shops, zoos and the movement of agricultural animals
- making sure domestic and farm animals are properly cared for
- enforcing laws which control animal diseases such as foot and mouth, rabies and sheep scab
- feed hygiene registration
- the importation of cats, dogs and other small animals
Have a look at our Animal Welfare and Pest Control section for more information.